Privacy and Cookies Statement
Amsterdam Trade Bank N.V. (ATB) is committed to treating your personal data with care, safety and confidentiality, taking into account all relevant laws and regulations and in full compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (Wbp). The way ATB collects and uses personal data is based on the Code of Conduct on the Processing of Personal Data by Financial Institutions set up by the Dutch Banking Association (NVB) and regulated by the Personal Data Protection Commission (CBP).
What is your personal data?
Personal data consists of details about you and can include, for example, your name or your computer's IP address. ATB may ask you for personal data, for example when you fill out a form on our website, apply for a product or use Internet Banking.
What do we use your personal data for?
ATB processes your personal data to ensure that our operations are performed efficiently and effectively.
- We process personal data to be able to execute contracts with customers. For example, to set up an account, arrange a loan, maintain customer relationships and settle financial transactions for our customers and third parties.
- We process the personal data of customers for internal analysis and product development. This enables us to improve the products and services we provide to our customers.
- We process the personal data of customers and potential customers, including address details, email addresses and visits to our webpages, for marketing purposes. This information, obtained from internal and external sources and visits to our website, allows ATB to provide you with suitable, targeted commercial offers.
- ATB also registers the personal data of its customers to comply with legal obligations, for example for customer identification and verification purposes. By doing so, ATB complies with the Dutch Compulsory Identification Act imposed on all banks. In addition, ATB must comply with international laws and regulations that require us to process personal data.
- Your personal data will never be provided to third parties without your consent, unless we are required to do so in an agreement we have with you or to meet the legal obligations mentioned before.
How do we ensure the accuracy of the personal data we keep about you?
Since ATB places a strong emphasis on the accuracy of personal data, we may request that you confirm the data we have about you. If you the data we have about you is inaccurate, you can request rectification.
Visits to ATB websites
When you visit our websites, ATB saves and uses some of your personal data. ATB also gathers information about how visitors use our website. One way of doing that is by using cookies.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your internet browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). Your internet browser will save the cookie. A cookie is usually a unique number with which data can be associated. Cookies serve many purposes. For instance, they prevent you from having to set your preferred language again each time you reboot your computer.
What do we do with these cookies?
- To study how users or groups of users use our website, so that we can improve the site.
- To be able to inform you better of our services and products.
- To improve the website, making it easier for you to find what you are looking for.
- To remember your settings and preferences. This makes your subsequent visits to the site easier.
What am I accepting when I use ATB's websites?
If you feel your privacy has been breached, you can submit a formal complaint directly to ATB. We will try to resolve your complaint internally. If you are not satisfied with the handling of your complaint, you can contact the Financial Services Complaints Institute at www.kifid.nl and by post at Kifid PO Box 93257 2509 AG Den Haag.